Thursday, November 15, 2007

In Class Assignment

List A
Cars
Trucks
Sound Systems
Gymnastics
Football
Running
Cooking
Coaching Kids
Speed
My Wife
My Kids
Movies
Driving
Cleaning
Bowling
Candy
Basketball





List B
Crime
Laziness
Drugs
Smoking
Baseball
Golf
Slow Drivers
Fighting
Racism
Bush
Mushrooms
Carrots
Stupidity
Cool pooling
Onions
Hockey
Barney





Alike (11&8)
My kids and fighting are similar because they are not afraid to fight and wont back down from one either. They will fight among each other but will not tolerate someone else trying to cause them harm. My son (Malachi) protects his sister (K’Mya) from everybody including me and she does the same thing. I’ve been teaching them to protect themselves at all costs. Fighting is indeed wrong, but not in their eyes just yet. Fighting is second nature to my kids. I blame myself because I was a violent child coming up. They are only three but act as if they are much older.
Not Alike (4&5)
Football is not like running in terms of sport. Football requires hitting mean while running doesn’t. When one is running, they can be in their own little world without caring about anything else except for piece of mind. Football is a sport that has to involve other individuals. It also requires the use of an oblong ball made with pig skin and protective equipment. Running has no use for equipment but only the use of one’s own body.
Alike (5&7)
Baseball is similar to slow driver in the fact that it takes all day. Baseball is a long drawn out game that last for hours and seems to never end. Slow drivers take all day to get to their destinations no matter how early they leave. If a slow driver decides to attend a baseball game, they could still make the game before the game really gets underway.

The three essays all have to do with my personal opinion. Obviously there is a lot of self experience within them. Protection and awareness can also be observed. In order for one to succeed in life, one must first know how to protect. All three go hand in hand to the fact that each depends on the other at some point. For example, football and baseball both require hitting and running. It is a fight to determine the best of opponents. My kids love to go to games and watch football and baseball and when the game is over, you have to drive slow that no one gets hurt.

1 comment:

aoski said...

Good creativity to come up with something to write about for your second paragraph! That was a hard one. Your third paragraph about baseball games and slow drivers was my favorite. It is so true!