Thursday, November 1, 2007

Getting Ready

The time is almost here for my big day. That is my try-out with the AFL. I've been pushing myself to get back in shape. Some people said that I wasn't out of shape but I knew that I was. Even though it didn't seem like it, I was. I started back working out and my legs and back are so sore. I know that the remedy for that is to work out with a lighter load. Come to find out, I am badly out of shape. As far as the running goes, my stamina it's all great either. See when I get there they will be testing on the 40 yard dash, 20 yard short shuffle, and broad jump. My 40 time is good but it could be a lot better. My time was a 4.19 and to me that's slow. I'm use to running a 4.1. If that is good enough my chances of making the team are great. As for the 20 yard short shuffle, that time really sucked. It was a 18.96. I believe that I had concrete on my feet. Hopefully I will get faster and that I will blow the staff away with my speed. I'm not going to practice on the broad jump because I want it to just flow out. I can catch and run. Everyday the workout gets more intense. I wanna be one of the best and to be one of the best, I have to put my best foot forward. There is nothing else that's more important to me then having this chance to become a pro football player. I'm going to give it my all and I hope that my all is good enough to make the team.

No comments: